My Way of Living + Light

I just need a reasonable explanation for this
4-2010 09 09_2516

I would like to clarify that this is not a ghost story, we all realize that there are no such things as ghosts right? Good, now let’s continue, because I just need a reasonable explanation for a odd noise. And I am not scared, I just need a explanation. Our house isn’t that old, probably around 30 years old or so, not that old for a house. It has some normal house noises, just the everyday stuff that you learn to get used to. It’s still a little echo-y because of all the laminate flooring, and we don’t have that much stuff in it. Sound carries in a odd way here, upstairs in our bedroom I can clearly hear what is going on in the rest of the house… and that’s not really a good thing.

6-_MG_1531 173

I will admit that I am having a bit of a time adjusting to the larger space, after living in the condo for so long, you get used to tuning out the extra noises caused by other owners. It’s pretty black out there, no streetlights… it’s a adjustment. I will get used to it eventually. Some nights there is a very loud short, scraping noise from the kitchen. It sounds just like a chair being dragged over the floor for a few inches, we have heard it from the living room when we are watching TV, and even after we go to bed. It’s distinct, and loud, and very much there, it’s not the furnace, it’s not a door, it’s not a pipe. And yes, my husband hears it also. At first we thought the cat was jumping off the chair onto the floor, and pushing it as he leaped down.

1-2010 09 13_2923

That was a good explanation until the night the Boo, and I woke up together at 2 am, and then I heard the noise from the kitchen. Boo was on the bed, laying on my feet during the noise, so it definitely wasn’t him. Early the other morning it was dark, snowing, and my husband was out, it was pretty nasty weather. I still had the blinds, and the curtains closed, when I heard the noise from the kitchen, I got up to look, there was nothing in the room, no explanation for what is happening. Just a moment after I went back to the office and sat down at the computer, the lights went out in the entire house. Pitch black, and quiet. Not too nice when you are by yourself in a dark room. So… I went and stood outside in my housecoat outside under the eaves, in my bare feet, in the cold, snowing dark morning. Don’t laugh… I just couldn’t stay inside.

2-2010 09 13_2917

No, I mean really, don’t laugh at me. What would you do, this odd noise is happening, it’s dark, we have a unfinished basement, and no one else is home. The office is so dark you can’t see a foot in front of you… of course I left.

3-2010 09 09_2703

I was hoping that my husband would come back that moment, but no such luck. After checking the snow for footprints I went back inside. Now please, give me a reasonable explanation for that noise.

Blog, and more:

I just need a reasonable explanation for this + Light