My Way of Living + Light

Does this count?

According to all the home decor bloggers, and magazines out there, we are supposed to be redecorating our homes with masses of fall leaves, pumpkins, grasses and dried wreaths right about now.
Color coordinated pumpkins, that match your decor, autumn colored rugs, and curtains, pillows? Ummm yes, lovely, but maybe it’s my years of constant displaying of product in my retail jobs… I just can’t get enthusiastic, and I feel like I should be. I admire those who can, and do.
I can hardly find color coordinated towels for the bathroom, much less garner the enthusiasm for coordinating my paper towels to the season. What’s up with that? And I dread decorating for Christmas, more then you know, trust me, after doing hundreds of trees, it kind of loses it’s appeal.
It makes me wonder if cutting some faded, and browning hosta leaves, propping them up in a old spaghetti sauce jar, with pieces of paper label still attached count. I would also be using a piece of twine formally used by Bootsie as a toy, wound around it as a accent? Does that count?
Maybe I am spending too much time on Pinterest, or venturing out there in the rain to take too many photos, but I just can’t seem to get excited about it. Oh, and I work, as if that’s a excuse that counts. I am just hoping that this is a phase…
I have a very good and admirable friend who redecorates her entire house at least 4 times a year. She puts me to shame, without meaning to at all, as she would many a decor blogger. Fall arrived at her house, ages ago. Tasteful ambers, reds, auburns, and chocolate colored decor scattered around. The couch gets a makeover with it’s autumn colored pillows, and throws, the paintings are changed, the curtains rehung in the correct seasonal colors. Trust me, it’s beautiful, and it looks like a perfect show home. One that you can take the ideas home from, and use them in your own place. Then I come home to my apartment. Well, the canvas crow photo I made for my husband’s birthday matches our decor, and he loves it. It is predominantly fallish colors… so maybe I am ahead of the game. Oh and look, there are some rustic chestnuts hanging out in front of it. They do double duty as the gas they give off as they dry, repels spiders. Does that count?
There have got to be more of “us” kind of people out there. Those of us that would rather do almost anything other then change out pictures, strip the couch of it’s layers, rehang curtains, and fluff pillows. I am happy with what I have, and it’s nice, it’s cosy, and uncluttered, and it looks good. I just don’t feel like expending the effort to change it all up every few weeks. And if it’s looked the same way for a few months, I really don’t have a problem with that. So what do you do? Are you a fiddler, one who is constantly redoing the mantle, or are you like me, fix it and leave it kind of girl. Let me know, because I think that I might have to break out the paints and gussy up some pumpkins with glitter to get kick start my enthusiasm for fall decorating.

Blog, HAPPY, Home, and more:

Does this count? + Light