My Way of Living + Light

I did tell him, didn’t I?
1-2009 08 06 136

Over the years while driving my parents vehicles when I was young, and now using their vehicle to drive them around we have occasionally encountered some problems. That’s normal, no matter how well maintained, vehicles break down. When I was young, I used to mention an odd noise to my Dad, who had a mechanical interest, and he would take a look, and then tell me that nothing was wrong. Both my Sister, and I have been telling them that there are problems with their truck brakes for a few months now. Of course my Dad, insists that there is nothing wrong, but to placate us he will have them checked. Although they were still fine, the repair guy said he would replace them to make us feel better.

3-2009 09 06 021

Yesterday after picking up their vehicle from the brake repair shop, my Mom and I drove a few yards over to a parking spot at a garden center. And as I wheeled into the parking spot I got the scare of my life. The vehicle seemed determined to crash through the fence at the end of the parking spot. Crunching noises, the feeling of brakes giving way, and total disbelief, after all I had just picked it up from the repair shop.

2-2009 08 06 138

Turns out the ABS light isn’t coming on, and while I did manage to stop in time, there is something wrong that they didn’t catch at the repair shop. See Dad, I did tell you there was a problem, but again… sigh you didn’t believe me.

4-2009 09 06 022

Remember when I told you the Fiat would stall out at rather inopportune times, and you never believed me until you ended up stalled on the train tracks, and the train was coming? Yes… hmmm. I rest my case.

Blog, Life, and more:

I did tell him, didn’t I? + Light