My Way of Living + Photography

That golden hour

It’s referred to as the “golden hour” the last hour before sunset, and the first hour after sunrise, when there is a bronzing glow cast on everything. Beautiful diffused light that makes photographers swoon, and everything more magical. Since we are still walking whenever possible, I do manage to get quite a few shots taken in the golden hour. It’s my incentive to get out there and just do it, everyone needs something that motivates them. After a busy day, there have been many evenings that I would rather couch surf then walk. Only problem is, that golden hour is coming closer and closer to our dinner time each day. So I have to get more organized in order to make it out the door before it’s too late. The camera calls like a siren, and the golden light is so appealing, it’s hard to believe that one day summer will be over… and soon. So meanwhile I make the most of each walk, my ever patient walking friend waits while I click away, loathe to miss any photo op. The ducks, the crows, the roses, the leaves… click, click, click. This is one summer I wish to remember in greater clarity, and my camera helps me do that. The golden hour, a glowing gift from nature.

Blog, Light, and more:

That golden hour + Photography