My Way of Living + Style

February’s Page
2008 09 28

February, that month that although short, is so hard for gardeners. This year for us however it is a little different. Spring has moved in and looks like she is making herself at home. Turn the page quickly for us Spring, we can hardly wait for April.
This is the February page of the calendar that I made for my Mom and Dad. Since they live where it is much colder, and spring takes her time to arrive, I thought that they needed a little splash of pink. I used Picasa to make the collages for the calendars, and if you are a Picasa user, and you regularly use that program, I would like to pass on a little info to you, that might save you a huge headache. I was told by my very reliable photofinishing lab that Picasa saves all of your files in a thumbnail size. This won’t be a problem unless you are enlarging the image, and then the loss of resolution will just blow you away. So if you have any plans on enlarging your images, maybe using them in a calendar, or a enlargement, don’t use Picasa for this. Other than that, it is a great program. I love it’s simplicity for blogging. I also heard a story about a customer who had saved everything to CD’s using Picasa, and then deleted the memory card. She was devastated to find out that her images were practically useless. Sad to learn from someone else’s mistakes, but good information to have. Jane

Blog, Inspiration, Photography, and more:

February’s Page + Style