My Way of Living + Story

Views from a splashed windshield
Splashed windshield-Okanagan — wood lake

Not my favourite time of year to be driving around.
There are rocks on the road from all of the sand and gravel they spread a little too liberally. The roads are slushy, and wet, you use your wipers constantly, and still can’t see well.
So when I found out that I needed to go back to the Big City for the second time this week, I was a little less then enthusiastic. Am I turning into a country girl or what?

Splashed windshield- Okanagan shots — truck

It’s over a hour, most of the drive is highway, and it sometimes feels like you’re in a cops and robbers car chase movie… drivers here like to speed by while talking on their cell phones, drinking coffee, and change lanes without warning.
But that’s my opinion apparently, no one else seems to see any problems. Silly me.
Car wash owners love this time of year.
Roads wet from melting snow means splashed windshields, sopping wet vehicles, and everyone heading to the car wash. You should see the line ups… a few minutes of a clean vehicle and then splash, a big truck passes you by.
The sunshine was bright, and it felt like a spring day… warm, oh so warm in the big city, where there is no snow, because they just don’t seem to be getting any. Sigh…
It’s like taking a trip to another place, well it is a trip to another place, but it’s warm, and there is no snow… did I mention that there is no snow?

Splashed windsheild-Okanagan-Bus

Some of the lakes are not even frozen over, I can’t remember ever seeing that before… white caps in the winter. Such beauty for the frozen Okanagan, where is winter?
I bet they have spring bulbs coming up in their gardens… we have snow.lots of snow, but it’s melting even up here. 8 degrees Celsius in the big city… that’s really warm for you U.S. readers. And a good 3 degrees cooler and snowier where I live.
Taking cell phone photos on the highway when the sun is shining, and it’s so gorgeous out is fun. Especially when you roll down the window going 100 km’s hour, and feel your phone being buffeted by the wind… no I wasn’t the one driving. But I was hanging onto my phone for dear life, not going to let that one go.

Splashed windsheild-Okanagan-Farewell bus

See the school bus? I’ve got this thing for school buses… see how he’s passing us? Vroom vroom baby, and he is out of sight… good thing there are no kids on it today. I really like school buses.
Feeling the sun on our skin, in January of all things, makes life so lovely… makes me think I am sitting on the beach somewhere warm… toes in the sand… dreaming.
And then a horn honks…
Back to reality.
And the snow covered fields of my world… vacation is over.

Dream, Photography, road, and more:

Views from a splashed windshield + Story