My Way of Living + Words

DIY Glittery snow covered photo frames
Glittery snow covered frame

All that glitters is sparkly
and fun at Christmas time.
These DIY glittery snow
covered photo frames are
easy to make for yourself
or as a quick gift.
They add a touch of
whimsical to the Christmas
season.
SPARKLY AND BRIGHT!
I used a wooden dollar store frame
with a wide border to best show
off the glittery snow for my
project, and painted mine ombre turquoise.

1-MBD 2012 Snow glitter frame-0002

Paint the inside, and the back of the frame for a nice finished look. I used a dark turquoise on the bottom, and a white acrylic paint on the top blending them into each other with a wet brush until I got the look I wanted. You could use any color, creams, whites, or light blue would look pretty also.

2-MBD 2012 Snow glitter frame-0009

After the paint was fully dry, I brushed a coat of Modge Podge over the frame, avoiding the inside of the cut out, and the outside edges. Then while the Modge Podge was still wet, I sprinkled a combination of Buffalo snow [fake snow] and iridescent sparkles mixed together which gave me the best glittery effect.

3-MBD 2012 Snow glitter frame-0017

This makes bit of a mess, you might want to use something to protect your tabletop, I had snow, and glitter all over. You might say from hair… to eternity.

4-MBD 2012 Snow glitter frame-0018

Let the frame sit for a few minutes so the Modge Podge can adhere to the snow, and then gently shake the excess snow onto a piece of paper. Leftover snow can be used again as long as there is no glue stuck into it.

5-MBD 2012 Snow glitter frame-0031

After my Modge Podge was completely dried, I glued on some glittery snowflakes that were cut to fit the frame. You can choose to leave the frame unembellished, or add text, snowflakes, snowman, anything that would personalize the frame, it’s up to you.

7-MBD 2012 Snow glitter frame-0044

I choose not to seal this frame, because of allergies to chemicals, so I am not sure which sealant would work. Instead I will put a cute black and white photo inside the frame, and place it where it won’t be handled by too many people.
This Christmas is going to really sparkle with my DIY glittery snow covered photo frames. Where to find the supplies: In Canada I purchased the wood frame at a dollar store, and the Buffalo Snow [fake snow] at Michaels, incidentally it cost twice as much here in Canada, as in the US.
Michaels is a large retail craft store found in both the US and Canada. But most likely you can find both items at any craft store, or dollar store retailer.

Life, and more:

DIY Glittery snow covered photo frames + Words