My Way of Living + summer fun

Your opinion matters

You, me… we all have opinions. We are all opinionated in certain ways, some show it more, some keep them hidden better. I have opinions, likes, dislikes, ideas, brainstorms. They usually are regarding other peoples affairs, but that’s not important now is it?
I’m joking here… well kind of.
Maybe… but this is all light-hearted and fun, OK?

Golden stubbled fields with text

My beloved tells me that I’m bossy
But that’s his opinion… he’s wrong of course.
He’s entitled to be wrong, but that’s my opinion.
Here are some things I have a rather strong opinion on.
I like nice people, rather than mean people… I’m just like that.
I like hearing frogs croaking outside my open window on a late summer evening.
Rather than seeing mice skittering by the shed in the backyard.
I know, look the other way, but where is that cat when you need him?
I like watching the shadows lengthen across the lawn, reaching for the trees.
And I like really good chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Not the peanut butter chocolate chip like my beloved slipped into the cookie jar.
People wearing flip flops in winter, with a down jacket… just not my thing at all.
You might feel differently.
Hey, you might even be one of those misguided, silly people that wear flip flops in the snow… but then again, what do I know?

Foggy mountain morning horse in pasture

I prefer bird’s nests to spider webs any day.
And this is a spider picture free blog… so don’t bother looking for any photos of them, sorry to disappoint you.
I don’t like spiders at my front door. In fact I don’t like spiders at all, although I am trying to learn to love them from a great distance.
A very big distance, and only if they are outside, behind a glass dome, and no larger then a quarter of a inch in size.
So then why does my house smell like lemon?
My front porch smells lemony fresh… now that may be normal to some people, but around here we usually don’t have fake lemon smelling entrance ways.
But speaking of Pinterest, and spiders, I know, how did Pinterest get in here, but it’s important.

Golden stubbled fields

As much as I don’t like spiders especially the great big hairy ones that can’t seem to shave their legs, I also have issues with disposing of them.
They do some good in this world, although I would greatly appreciate it if it wasn’t at my front door.
I have in the last week carefully relocated/removed the self same spider to a far away location at the very outer edge of our property [because what kind of neighbour would I be if I wandered over to their property and dropped spidy there].
Three times!
And each time after a few days it wandered back… that’s like a million miles in spider land. Trust me, maybe even two million, it must need a hip replacement after that many spider miles, all eight hips.
But each morning there it was back at my front door, hanging out with it’s unshaven grey long hairy legs… just waiting to pounce on my unsuspecting head. A girl might need a umbrella around here to protect herself against marauding spiders.

Horse in pasture

Now here is the lemon part, finally
Now being a industrious type of blogger, I made sure to clean the entire front porch, there is nowhere for a spider to hide, except for the bricks that face the front of our house. Can’t take them down, but I can do a mean version of a spider repellent search on Pinterest to find a solution. See there is the Pinterest part.
Apparently they don’t like lemon, vinegar, tea tree oil, or lavender… although I don’t know about that. The huge bunches of lavender that I put out to deter the mice, seem to have attracted spiders to hang out and make more webs in them.
But that’s my opinion.
So late last night I was out there in the pitch dark [my beloved doesn’t like to leave the porch light on, so don’t come to visit us after dark] spraying “yes it’s truly lemon” air freshener all over the bricks on the front of my house. With a extra dose to the frame around the front doors, and windows.
Take that you unshaven beasts!
And guess who’s back for the fourth time?
Holding it’s nose…
And as for those Pinterest pinners that say lemon works… pfft. Jen@MuddyBoot Dreams

Please share
MBD Blog just one more thing

If you just happened to be craving a littttttle more MBD then oh, let’s say twice a week posts, you could always check out my Facebook, and Instagram feeds. Links at the top of my sidebar, drop by and say hello.
Jane

Blog, Dream, Home, Story, and more:

Your opinion matters + summer fun