My Way of Living + Time

A captive summer
Paint chips-1784

“Next year, no gardens,” he say’s. It’s with the utmost concern in his voice, it’s a suggestion, because he is overly worried about me. I’ve spent a good part of our first summer up here as a indoor captive but it’s not really any different then any other summer in the last few years. Does summer make it hard for you to go outside also? Something out there at times makes it hard for me to be outside, a rash all over, vertigo, and other assorted allergy symptoms have combined to make this a summer season not to be enjoyed. I am hoping that the rain not yet forecasted will help with my allergies.

Bootsie, golden light-1130

Add in excessive heat, the kind that blasts through the door as you open it, and summer up here is best enjoyed from behind the window.

Bootsie, golden light-1141

But it seems that the hot spell is finally over, we have had a few cool nights, and a lovely cooler day, what a relief. Although many of the temperatures will still easily reach 30C here, the cooler nights, and mornings will make me shiver as I drag that hose around the garden.

Paint chips-1781

As much as I love summer, I am looking forward to turning on the oven, baking deserts, breads, casseroles, and anything roasted again. Salads are wonderful, but too much of a good thing can be just too much. The squash shall be ready, and the apple crop will be harvested soon, I can’t wait.

Paint chips-1783

What part of the cooling down of summer is the most pleasing to you? Dreaming of turning on that oven…

Day, and more:

A captive summer + Time