My Way of Living + running

I’ll be shaking it from now on

I had nothing to do with any of this.
First, this post is about a spider, [a honking big spider]. Secondly, there will be no spidy pics for you to get squeamish over, and by the end you will understand what the title means. Thirdly, I think that I am working on my arachnophobia, because I didn’t scream when this happened. Wow, that’s quite the accomplishment for me. Seriously. I am the woman that made her sister suck up a huge spider with the vacuum when she was 9, because I was determined that it would somehow crawl out and get me. They can do those things you know. So to fully understand this story, just insert your current phobia in place of any spider words, and you will fully understand what I am talking about. It started the other night when Bootsie came in filthy dirty, the kitties like to hang out in some “filthy under the shrubs” place and smoke stolen kitty cigars. Then they saunter back home with smudgy paws, and track dirt all over the carpet. He needed a bath, and I used our towels in the bathroom, which I had to launder, and dry that night. They were still warm when I hung them.
Can’t a cat hang out with his friends and smoke cigars once in awhile?
The next morning when I stepped out of my shower, and grabbed a towel, something skittered across me, and then flew into the tub. Thank goodness it went into the tub! A honking big spidy, I mean at least 2 1/2 inches across, and it had been hiding in my clean towel all night. Uggggghhhhh shiver. See, you are shivering already, I can see you. So my husband’s not home, and I can’t pick this creature up for love or money, it’s running around the tub, and there is no way I am going to flush that baby down the drain after writing that other blog post. What to do? What if it escapes from the tub, I will never sleep again. Seriously, would you if it was a mouse/bug/rat/snake?
Can you believe she’s scared of spiders?
I call my walking buddy, no go. She’s not coming down to help, she’s on her way out the door. I called another friend for whom I shall be forever grateful, and she came down in her bathrobe, [see it helps to have friends in the building]. After I open the patio door, clear a wide path through the garden, and open the gate, she released it into the wild. Hereby known as the area just outside of our patio. “Run free big honking spidy, run free.” I, of course am saying this from a very far away, and safe vantage point, up on the kitchen chair. And I swear there was the theme song from Born Free playing in the background. This is certainly the time when you don’t want to remember that 70’s poster, “If you love something set it free, if it comes back it’s yours… NO, no, you do not belong in here. Don’t cue the theme song from Born Free… NOOOOOOO! Well I survived, and so did the spidy, of course I am going to have to bleach that tea towel she used, or maybe I should burn it? And my husband certainly didn’t understand this story until I substituted the word snake, for spider. That made him shiver, teh hee. As for my towels, I will be shaking them out each morning from now on. Wouldn’t you?

Blog, Light, Nature, RUN, and more:

I’ll be shaking it from now on + running