My Way of Living + Visual

Reflections on a early morning water day
6-Eary morning watering-1032

The sun is up well before me at 6:30, throwing a bright ball of light over the mountain tops, causing the water drops to glisten and sparkle as they catch it. The watering wand is cool to the touch, condensation from the heat is coating the metal parts.

3-Eary morning watering-1011

Our house has low pressure it dribbles and spurts like a teething baby. As I wander the yard plugging, and unplugging in hoses, soaking only the bottom of my pants, I think enviously of neighbours who have enough pressure to spray all the way over the second story roof of their houses.

5-Eary morning watering-1019

But it is what it is… and early morning water restrictions aside, it’s a beautiful morning. Birds are flitting back and forth eating breakfast, crows are disrupting everything like they do. Bootsie is playing hide and go boo, startling me from a reverie as he dashes out from under the leaves of a giant hosta.

1-Eary morning watering-1001

As I stand and water, I check out each bed, thinking, planning, mentally moving plants, and wondering when the seeds I have sown will sprout. It’s a form of early morning garden meditation, and I don’t mind it right now.

4-Eary morning watering-1016

There are reflections going through my head as I water.
I have too many plants, even thought before we moved I gave away most of them.
There are too many plants to water in such a short time.
The plants have doubled in size compared to last year.
In the spring I always think the beds will never fill up, I am so wrong.
I need more gardens, there simply isn’t enough room for everything.
I can’t believe this was just sparse grass, and bare dirt last spring. Look at it now. I so love it.
I need more plants.
My husband is not going to like this.
Oh dear.

2-Eary morning watering-1010

Who could deny them anything when the sun catches the water drops on the Hosta, who could say no to such a beauty. The bleeding heart that is now almost 5 feet across needs to stretch it’s branches a bit more, it loves living here. I remember when the Gingko tree was only 6 inches tall with so few leaves… my baby has grown up.
My garden, my joy… and it’s so worth it.

Boot, dash, Garden, and more:

Reflections on a early morning water day + Visual