My Way of Living + Time

Will this be the year of the Zucchini, oh I certainly hope so
3-Gardens-0266

You see them everywhere, acting as doorstops, hanging out on patios, squatting on kitchen counters, I’m talking about Zucchini. Seems that in the middle of summer everyone but us had them coming out of their gardens in a steady stream.

2-Gardens-0265

I just can’t couldn’t grow zucchini, our seaside nights were a little too cool for their liking and they didn’t do well at all. Any member of the squash family had troubles on our deck, no matter what I tried. In the city very few people have gardens, so our access to freebies was severely limited. It irked me immensely to have to buy them when I knew that they were begging to be given a new home, and I wanted to adopt the little green tubes.

4-Gardens-0270

But maybe this will be the year of the Zucchini, certainly it’s a big hope of mine, since we planted 6 plants. Three in our garden, and 3 up at the farm. I want to be overloaded, overwhelmed, simply bogged down in the long green veggies. Have I got plans for those babies… sliced and breaded, grilled, sautéed, shredded and frozen for those cold winter days, eaten raw while they are still small, and tasty.

1-Gardens-0269

So keep your fingers crossed, we have some small zukies growing right now, and although it’s cold out, much too cold for those warm night lovers, maybe just maybe this will be the year.

5-Gardens-0260

So far the beets are doing fine, the peas are upstanding, even the tomatoes have blossoms, we have potatoes, onions that are fighting the weeds, and it’s apparently been a unpredictable year, but veggies are a determined lot. So tell me I am not alone, or can you grow them by the bushel? Jane @ Muddy Boots I dream of Zucchini’s

Day, family, HOPE, and more:

Will this be the year of the Zucchini, oh I certainly hope so + Time