My Way of Living + Words

Oh right–it’s winter isn’t it?
MBD Late summer-0561

One of the best things about having an extensive [over 40,000 images] photo archive on your computer is the ability to access images of things that are blooming and colorful, bright, cheery flowering year round, even if it’s winter outside. Green grass needs to be trimmed, leaves sprout on trees flowers blossom continuously the sun sets on stunning landscapes, the water is not frozen… you get my drift.

Still life shots-1244

It takes me away from the dazzling snowy days and the insistent white stuff that Mother Nature keeps dropping from the sky.

MBD Sept 2012-0848

If I search my archives I can live among blooming flowers, and chirping birds, I can almost feel the sun beating down on my head, and remember the feel of that mosquito that bit my ankle as I water for what seemed endless hours.

Christmas scenes-1348

But if I look outside my window after forgetting where I am for a moment, I am rudely pulled back into reality… I’m not vacationing in the tropics, it’s not summer, indeed I am snow bound in a brown, leafless, white covered world. One that is not going to go away any time soon…

MBD Sept 2012-0747

It’s no wonder I gaze deeply into the lush green of the ferns, and marvel at the brilliance of the sweet peas… that flower bed is covered with snow, it’s hardly a lump under there.

MBD 2012 Foggy Daze-0265

The emerald glow of the Gingko leaves with the sun peeking through them hardly looks familiar if I stare at the bare branches. And the bright tones of the Dahlias glow through my computer screen.

MBD Golden hour shots-0451

Don’t mind me I know it’s winter, I am just vacationing in my archives… it’s much warmer there.

Life, and more:

Oh right–it’s winter isn’t it? + Words