My Way of Living + Words

Everlasting summer… a dream, or reality?
1-MBD Late summer-0561

Baby it’s cold outside and it’s white everywhere you look. There are massive mounds of the white stuff piled besides driveways coating shrubs, hanging on trees, and perching precariously on the rooftops. It’s a snow dump extraordinaire… and there is a lot more to come until it’s done for the season. It’s cold, and it’s white, and while that may be pretty for now, we are still in the post Christmas high that will slowly recede into the January blahs.

3-MBD Fall disply-0231

And then the when is winter going to go away February blues, the this is madness March, and can you believe we still have snow in April. What a cruel joke to play on a gardener.

4-MBD Fall disply-0233

But it’s easy enough to trick the mind into believing that there is a everlasting summer if you live in your computer archives. Gracefully sail through the storms by clicking on cosmos, picking a petunia favourite, and falling for ferns. Bleeding hearts are blooming in my archives, and sunflowers turning towards the light, the birds chirp, and the spring blossoms unfold into a riot of color.

5-MBD Fall disply-0234

One look and I am transported to another world, the snow piling up outside my window forgotten, and the sweet green of new leaves is in my nose.

2-MBD Late summer-0691

I am celebrating the first Hosta bloom, tasting the fresh herbs, I can actually feel the sun warm my freezing bare toes. Watch the Boo cavort in the green grass, and listen to the new tenants chirp to their babies.

6-MBD Fall disply-0238

And then when I turn my head towards the window this all screeches to a halt… reality is, it’s white out there. But if I click my mouse on a file, it’s a everlasting summer.

1- Red tulips Dec 2012-4

Guess where I will be?

Life, race, and more:

Everlasting summer… a dream, or reality? + Words