My Way of Living + running

Now I know why they have hot tubs
Camera phone winter shots-1326149506816

It seemed that almost every place my husband and I looked at before we choose our house had a hot tub lurking somewhere. Some had them hidden away in a corner of the deck, others had them right out there in the open, or covered with lattice, and one memorable one had it sunken into the basement floor.

Camera phone winter shots-1326149522391

I still remember looking at the MLS photos and trying to figure out what the floor height padded cover sitting directly in the middle of the basement floor was. It took some time, but after reading the listing details, I realized it was a hot tub. Now, I am a total klutz, and it doesn’t take much for me to trip over my own feet. So can you imagine a open pit of water in the middle of the floor? Right, not going to take much for me to fall into that one. We didn’t bother to take a look in person. And how do you get rid of that if you don’t want it? Not like you can fill it with kids toys, and cover it up or anything.

Camera phone winter shots-1326149543068

We lamented to our Realtor about hot tubs so much that it became a running joke, she would look around, and with a certain amount of glee in her voice say, “yep it’s got one.” If it wasn’t apparent immediately that the house had a hot tub, we would all search until we found one. And we found one almost every time.

Camera phone winter shots-1326149522391

Seriously I couldn’t understand why all these houses up here had hot tubs, what for, I kept asking her? Now after a bout with –20 C weather, and a average below zero temperature that seems to be here until next summer, I can understand. Baby it’s cold outside. And a hot tub is certainly one of the only ways you can get warm. Just don’t fall in by accident when you walk across the basement floor. PS: Two more sleeps until we get possession of our new house, that’s if I can sleep for excitement.

Blog, Light, RUN, and more:

Now I know why they have hot tubs + running