My Way of Living + Words

Join in on my urban safari

3-MBD 2012 Fall-0502

It’s nice to pretend once in a while that I am a intrepid photographer on a urban safari in the deepest area of the rural jungle that encases the Okanagan. [Insert giggle here since this is farm country, and the most exciting thing that happens is the cows come home]. The voice over in my head is from childhood idol Marlin Perkins, as my husband drives us through the countryside and I aim the camera at what ever catches my fancy. Cows, barns, trees houses, gas stations, vehicles, it’s all clicked and saved for posterity.

2-MBD 2012 Fall-0497

Have you ever tried going on a urban safari where you live?

4-MBD 2012 Fall-0507

There is always something scenic to take a shot of around here, from hay bales in the fields, to the golden firs and the setting sun.

5-MBD 2012 Fall-0508

Yes my urban safari was worth the journey to the deepest part of this small town after all you never know what kind of wildlife you might run into.

6-MBD 2012 Fall-0523

Life, RUN, and more:

Join in on my urban safari + Words