My Way of Living + winners

You be the judge
2010 10 16_3517

A few weekends ago my neighbor and I went to Dart’s Hill Gardens in Surrey. They were having a rare open house, and a photography contest. Any photo submitted had to be taken during the open house, on the grounds of the garden. We had a lovely time, there were lots of other photographers, ranging from tiny point and shoots, to honking big telephotos, and tripods. Darting through the foliage, wowing at the amazing collection of plants, we took hundreds of shots. My big finale was a huge spill right in front of the entrance tent as we were leaving. It seemed to take forever in slow motion, falling, tipping, sliding down on the sloping gravel path, landing all 6 feet plus of me completely spread out on the ground.

2010 10 16_3455

The only good part of it, was my camera was completely safe the entire time. Go figure, and I still have gravel shards in my palm, but I was fine, this happens occasionally, us tall people have a different centre of balance. Especially when we are not paying attention to where we are walking. Well, it seems it was a wonderful day all around, except for the spill of course. I got a email the other night saying that two of my photos had received a honorable mention, and will be on the web site. Congrats to the other three winners, I am looking forward to seeing their shots. It was such a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the foliage was stunning, I think that I might do this again.

2010 10 16_3590

We were allowed to submit up to 3 photos, the second and the third photo received the honorable mention.

Inspiration, Photography, Style, and more:

You be the judge + winners