My Way of Living + thankful

What to do if you break a blogging rule

It’s probably going to happen in every bloggers life.
A time when you commit a blogging mistake, maybe break a unspoken rule.
A blogging no-no, you might have realized it, or maybe you didn’t.
Let’s just start by saying that maybe you didn’t post for a while.
Or you posted so sporadically that everyone forgot you were actually a blogger, and it lasted for longer than many of your readers were willing to wait, and they wandered off to other blogs, and stopped checking to see if you were there anymore.
And now you would like them to come back, but you don’t know how to go about it.

Blogging rules

Or maybe you stopped engaging, and commenting on their blogs, you didn’t answer questions, and you didn’t reply to queries, even from your best blogging friends.
You literally dropped off the face of the blogging world.
There are things that you can do to fix it, all is not lost.
And most likely your blogging friends will understand.
They are a pretty cool bunch, and they know that life does sometimes get in the way no matter how much we might want to blog.
They will also tell you that blogging is supposed to be fun, not stressful.
You might try sending them cupcakes, and ask them to drop by for tea and a bit of blog post reading.
Or you could start by visiting their blogs again, let them know that you have reappeared, and would love to see them once again.
It happens, bloggers come, and go, change formats, ideas, themes, they will understand.
I’m sure that the village it takes to write a blog knows you well enough to withstand the latest storm.
Your dedication towards having visited, commented, and engaged with everyone in a real and authentic way throughout your blogging history will bring them back.
All the while building long term lasting friendships from those who read your blog.
Because every once in a while you’re going to break a blogging rule, spoken, or unspoken.
It’s life, and life is like that.
And when you do, you are going to need those blogging friendships even more.
So make sure you have built your village well, spent time crafting great content if you enjoy writing, taking good quality images, or choosing ones that you have permission to use.
Build those villages, and when life makes it harder to blog, let your blogging friends know I’m sure that they will understand.
And if you have any suggestions to help ease the pain of breaking a blogging rule be sure to leave them in your comments. So my blogging friends, here’s the deal.
I’ve read your blog, you’ve read mine.
We’ve exchanged comments, visited each other’s online world. We’ve been building our friendships and getting to know each other for a little while now, you know who I am, and I know who you all are and how thankful I am that I’ve got to connect with you.
But lately things in my life have been taking over making it harder to write a post, and even more difficult to visit your blogs and return comments.
I’ve tried cutting back on my posting, I’m down to twice a week, and I still can’t keep up with visiting all of you, I need to post, I need to blog, and it’s such a part of my life.
I know not returning comments is a huge blogging mistake.
And that was one rule that I have always tried to make sure I didn’t break.

Hydrangea pink

I’m sorry, but right now I just can’t do it all, and I feel so badly about this.
As a blogger who writes about how it takes a village to write a blog, it isn’t easy to have to say that.
Because I can’t make it to everyone’s blog to visit right now.
I’ve tried.
And I am asking you to understand, and to keep visiting, to stay as a member of my village while I weather this storm, it’s not permanent.
I’ll be posting, and trying to keep up with visiting as much as I can.
Because it takes a village to write a blog, and without you, there is no point to blogging.
Jane

Blog, Blogging, Dream, Story, and more:

What to do if you break a blogging rule + thankful