My Way of Living + Things

Gather the chestnuts while you can

It is a astonishingly beautiful, and warm day, even for the West Coast. Sunny and almost balmy, a coat is not needed, but I wear one anyways, there is always a leaf or something to pick up and carry home.

Setting out, I forget to take the camera, but I don't go back. I have been taking it almost everywhere with me, not wanting to miss a photo opportunity. I almost float down the sidewalks without the distracting weight of the camera banging from my shoulder.

On my walk, I window shop, and stop to peruse the flowers. I look around more, and see beyond the lens, viewing beauty without distortion. It is a good lesson, in living life in the moment. Changing things up a bit.

I missed the shot of the colorful leaves drifting by on the sidewalk. And the chance to shoot a firetruck responding to a false alarm. But I took this opportunity to gather chestnuts, and falling leaves, and not feel compelled to photograph them first. To feel the sun on my skin. This time it was well worth missing the shot.

Performance, Seasons, and more:

Gather the chestnuts while you can + Things