My Way of Living + Story

Just a blogger

“And what do you do?”
They always ask, with a hidden question in their eye. Like dogs sniffing each other, finding, categorizing, settling into place.
Eager for a treat, a smidge of eyebrow raised with it’s “ohhhh.”
Impress us, they don’t say, but want to. I’m a blogger” I tell them.

Just a blogger, with socks under the bed, worries in her head.
And a line of comments to be returned in my inbox that snakes longer then any freeway snarl.
[One day I hope, the traffic jam will be untangled.]
I’m a blogger, words unbidden come to my mind, and I try to give them life.
Hang them on a clothesline out in the fresh air, to be shared. With.
Trying to balance, life, love, aging parents, obligations.
Appointments, duties, housework, worries, inspirations, and the ever calling camera.
“I’m just a blogger” I shrug.
As if to knock a misinformed idea off of my shoulder.
Yes, it might be a chip also.

Last years shots, taken at the same time of year, but it looks so much colder then.
A blogger who takes photos, lots of photos, and has a camera in her hand almost all the time, and might just have a wee little crush on Instagram right now.
Yes, just like those people who are on their cell phones, but it’s a DSLR camera.
And I take great photos, I wish I could be so cheeky to say.
Just a blogger!
“A blogger!”
They exclaim, as if I had said I was a early Egyptian explorer in a world that had not yet been found.

“What’s that?
And why?”
“I had no idea people did that,” they say. Not how, and what do you get out of it? Do you like doing it? Is it fun. "But oh… oh?” “Why?”
Because.
And I smile inside, because after all, we know why we blog.
And that’s why. Maybe it’s because this is Canada, and we are a gentle but less worldly people, [just kidding here].
But I seem to be encountered some pretty uninformed people, those who cannot/will not understand, or appreciate the love of blogging that we share, lately.
Those who have “ no interest at all in trying to understand why anyone would do that” because they themselves are not interested in blogging.
Have you had this response too?
I want to tell them.
To each their own, but still,… oh come on.
Learn to accommodate others, let live, and live.
Expand your mind, ah… feels good does it to let some fresh air in does it?
We are, and we do, and for that I am truly grateful.
Besides, blogging has opened up a huge world for me, full of inspiration, creativity, encouragement, and really fun people.
Thank goodness.
No matter where we live. Jane

Blog, Blogging, Dream, HOPE, Inspiration, Photography, and more:

Just a blogger + Story