My Way of Living + Style

Well… that’s a cute name for a blog
Old MBD boots

I was in my local bank, it’s a small and friendly branch, almost everyone calls you by name. When a new teller read my business name on the cheque which is Muddy Boot Dreams, she remarked, “well. that’s a cute name.” Misunderstanding her intentions, and wanting to make sure she understood that there was nothing cutesy about my business name, I reiterated, “no it’s not cute, it has meaning.” Then I explained that we have a dream of owning a small farm up in the Okanagan, and living a life filled with muddy boots, that was our bliss. Hence the name.

2009 09 06 144

We spent a lot of time trying to come up with a name that would invoke the feeling we hope to have when we get to our farm, and many names were submitted but turned down. I wanted something that could be used as a farm name also. We will call our farm, Muddy Boots Farm. Since I have started my small business, I have heard every connotation available, “muddy boot jeans?” no not jeans, dreams! Who do you think I am? Mr. Green jeans? Mucky, no muddy, as in mud. You know that dirt stuff that sticks to your boots, no not sticks to your ribs, I am not a chef. What kind of dreams? The real good ones, of fresh air, fresh veggies, and land! No foot fetish people need apply, nothing like that going on here.

2009 09 06 042

At first I used “Jen’s Garden”, for my cards, but it won’t work well a few years from now, and I am glad that we spent the time brainstorming about a great name. I am proud to say that I am from “Muddy Boot Dreams,” even if some people think that it’s a cute name.

Blog, Blogging, HOPE, Inspiration, and more:

Well… that’s a cute name for a blog + Style