My Way of Living + Time

Neighbourhood watch
Flowers-0037

Our little country subdivision is a real hummer during these cooler summer evenings. It’s neighbourhood watch time, in summer during the heat wave there were very few dog walkers out in the day, but now that it’s cooled down somewhat it’s a real parade of dogs kids, people, and more dogs. Do you pick up after pooch? You do not want a reputation here for not picking up after your pooch, it sticks and never goes away. I have had each dog owner that hasn’t picked up after their dog, pointed out to me by well meaning neighbours. Your reputation depends on if you pick up, and how your dog behaves.

Family-0363

“That one left some behind one morning at 6 am, and he thought I never noticed” she will point to a unsuspecting neighbour, who regularly picks up his pooches' deposits whenever I see him. But apparently it’s one strike you are out around here, and my neighbour never forgets, or forgives. “He stopped, looked around, pulled out the plastic bag, and just walked away.” Now I watch for him every morning she tells me. What she would do if he was caught in the act I have no idea, but he is smeared ahem, for life.

Outdoors-0217

Yappy dog is going for a walk, I point out the teeny dog to my husband, it lives across the street, and the owner will stand and talk to neighbours and let the dog bark without stopping, it’s shrill bark penetrating our houses walls, and windows.

Outdoors-0219

Our front window is large and we can see much of the street, and many evenings we sit and watch the poopy parade out front. Boo our cat, is fascinated by all the commotion as dog meets dog, tails wag, and people brag.

Water Garden-1489

We know the dogs by sight better then we know the neighbours, huge dogs, walking neatly beside small little dogs, mid sized dogs walked by friends that meet and greet each day.

Zen garden Bootsie-0648

There is even a couple that regularly walk many of their neighbouring dogs, at first I didn’t know, and had lost count of how many dogs I thought they must have had. Because each time I saw them, they had different dogs on the leash. It seems neighbourhood watch has gone to the dogs. How is yours for picking up? Woof… PS: The dogs pictured above are not any of the dogs mentioned in this post.

Day, and more:

Neighbourhood watch + Time