My Way of Living + Style

Rainy Day Peonies, I mean People
2010 06 11 073

All this rain is good for the flowers, and great when it stops. But it must be soaking into my brain a little to much. I seem to be on a musical garden tour. The latest song to echo in my head every time I see these photos is “Rainy Day People.” Ackk, a ear worm, get it out, quick, I hate bugs… Who sung that? Was it John Denver? Such a pretty little tune, upbeat, and perfect for my refrain in my head, “Rainy Day Peonies.” No, it’s Gordon Lightfoot that sung it, one of my favorite Artists, and my favorite flowers. But I am sure that he has never sung this version.

2010 06 11 083

“Rainy Day Peonies always know when it’s time to fall”, OK, I am taking some liberties, sorry Gord, but you know, Rainy Day Peonies, always know when you are feeling PINK. And regretful that you never bothered to haul out the tomato cages for the poor things. There they lie on the sidewalk, battered and bruised, better pick them quick, before someone steps on them.

2010 06 11 085

“Rainy Day Peonies don’t lie when they tell you they’ve been down there too.” Everybody join in now! What’s playing in your ear? And is it wiggling? Jane

Inspiration, Photography, and more:

Rainy Day Peonies, I mean People + Style