My Way of Living + Time

Weed or wonder? A gardener’s collection of questionable plants
01-Macro lens-0235

The biggest difference between selling a 4 inch plant at the nursery, and seeing it growing full size in a garden is that it may not resemble that small plant anymore. I have to admit, some of these I can’t tell if they are weeds, or wonders. Some I think I remember, others have me stumped.

02-Macro lens-0254

This gardener is questioning everything that pops up out of the ground, because frankly when you container garden you get very few volunteers, and almost no weeds, so I am out of practice.

03-Macro lens-0320

Now when I find something growing away in the mulch of my garden I have no idea if I should hack it or harbour it.

04-Macro lens-0417

Any ideas suggestions, thoughts? Love em, hate em, do they grow like weeds because they are weeds?

Muddy

I’ve numbered them all so you can tell me what you think.

06-Flowers-0999

I would appreciate any and all help, and do you think that #3 is a Echinacea? It had better be, or it’s coming out of the patch of Iris I have in the front garden tomorrow.

07-Gardening-0716

Thanks for your answers… hope that you can solve a few questionable plants identity crisis.

08-Fields Armstrong-0174
09-Fields Armstrong-0186
10-Fields Armstrong-0197

Pondering……

Day, HOPE, and more:

Weed or wonder? A gardener’s collection of questionable plants + Time