My Way of Living + Visual

They say… and who do they think they are?
5-Iris and tulips-6678

They say: serious photographers don’t shoot flowers, because anyone can take a great shot of a flower.
Not true I think, those of us who are passionate about photography can still take shots of flowers, barns, children, portraits, landscapes. Those of us who love photography can darn well take shots of whatever we want, why does it matter so much to you if our subject has a nose, or a petal.

2-Iris and tulips-6672

They say: Having a DSLR is cheating, after taking hundreds of photos, one of them is bound to turn out good.
I say, thousands, and many of them are good, thank you very much. Isn’t it all about improving skills, not about counting numbers.
We are all on a photographic journey, some are more travelled than others.

1-Iris and tulips-6670

They say: In the old days we shot film, and never wasted a shot, that made us true photographers.
I say, good for you, isn’t it wonderful that times have changed, and everyone has this ability to grow, and challenge ourselves.

3-Iris and tulips-6667

They say: Everyone who has a DSLR now a days, thinks they are a photographer.
I shrug, and go back to taking my shots of flowers. I say if you like it, and it’s your passion go for it, who are you to tell me what to do.

4-Iris and tulips-6668

And indeed, why does it threaten you so much that people are falling in love with photography. If they are any good, they will rise to the challenge, if they are not so talented, then they still have something they love to do, and they will not be a hindrance to your “success.”
Things I wish I had been able to say during a conversations with a “real” photographer, who uses a “real” [film camera].
Better late then never right?
Ever had a conversations like that?

Blogging, Boot, travel, and more:

They say… and who do they think they are? + Visual