My Way of Living + travel

I hear a symphony

Yesterday just before the dawn, I went down to the beach again, I am being drawn towards it lately. The astounding quietness, soft darkness, and the glowing light in the east, that gradually increases into bright reflections.

And while the beautiful light is compelling me to get up and travel down to a frosty wake up call, it is the birds that really make me want to visit.

There is something amazing about the shifting light, and the bird's response to it. When the sun finally reaches over the mountains, and crosses the beach to the water, the birds react. Like a orchestra warming up before the concert they seem to be suddenly more active, their honks and whistles louder. Masses of them take off, wings whirring as they circle the wharf, only to land 100 yards away honking in some sort of satisfied way, that this spot is better.

And when the sun finally touches the edge of the water, their twitters, caws, and warbles send out the message that the concert has begun for the day.

Home, Performance, Things, and more:

I hear a symphony + travel