My Way of Living + Visual

Green asparagus fields left me red in the face

The other week, while my back

6-OAF asparagus shots-1319

was still really tender, and the asparagus spears were just coming up I decided to go and take some photos at my sister’s farm. Okanagan Asparagus Farm. has acres and acres of amazing asparagus that is slowly piercing the cold brown soil… it’s almost like invasion of the green fingers showing at a movie theatre near you. I walked a little ways, didn’t see anything coming up yet, there were one maybe two.but I needed more.

1-Asparagus shots-3256

Go down to the road they told me, there is a hollow in the field that has a microclimate, and it will becoming up there. So I did, and it was.

2-Asparagus shots-3274

Perfect, now I needed a ground level shot, with the mountains in the background… the only way to get that was by getting down to the ground I’m really tall, and I have a sore back that can’t bend.

3-Asparagus shots-3275

So I squat, on a little rise near the edge of the field, with my long legs all wide open… I am really ground level now. You know where this is going don’t you? Visualize me, squatting in the field, it’s higher up where I am so I can be seen clearly from the road. And then I hear two cyclists coming down the usually deserted country road, just cruising along, and there I am, squatting on the rise, near the edge of the field. Hmmmmm… um Hi? They are gawking as they bike by, and I can’t stand up, because it takes forever to do that, and my camera is heavy so I can’t wave it in the air and say, “hey, just taking some photos here, not doing what you think I am doing.” Right, sure you are!, I can see it in their faces.

5-camera phone 2012-329

Chalk it up to another embarrassing photography moment, I’ve had a few of them lately.

7-OAF asparagus shots-0869

Okanagan Asparagus Farm is on Lansdowne Road in Armstrong, they have the best asparagus in the world! If you live nearby, come and visit soon, it’s almost ready, and be sure to come back for strawberries in June, you haven’t tasted an amazing red ripe berry until you try theirs. “LIKE” them on FB, and visit their Pinterest site with a great collection of recipes, and tips.

4-camera phone 2012-335

Boot, road, and more:

Green asparagus fields left me red in the face + Visual