My Way of Living + Visual

Confessions of a tall girl
1-MBD Images-0353

My feet hang off of the bed in the middle of the night. I’m taller then most people I know, including my husband, and I no longer notice it. People behind me in movie theatres usually move to another seat. It’s almost impossible to find jeans that are long enough. I can hide a extra 20 pounds on my body and you won’t find it. It’s nice to stand out in a crowd when someone is looking for you. Taller men make me feel uncomfortable when I have to look up to them. My feet are sized for a shorter person, I’m a size 9 1/2. I used to wear high heels all the time.

3-MBD Images-0355

I always bang my knees under tables. Most car seats don’t go back far enough for my legs not to hit the steering wheel. Countertops are too low, but the upper cupboards fit perfectly, no step stool needed. Shower heads are somewhere near my shoulder. Tubs are too small to relax in. My Mom used to make me shop with her in the petite department, I was totally embarrassed.

2-MBD Images-0354

The last person that asked me how the weather was up there, well lets say they won’t do it again. When I was a shy teenager, I hated to hear, “oh look how tall you are.” Really? I was the shortest person in my class in grade 3. It’s great to be tall, if you don’t mind clothes that are never long enough… other then that it’s great. We are who we are, tall, short, middle of the road. It took a lot of decades, but I wouldn’t give it up for anything. Are you at peace with your body, do you love it despite the things you might want to change ?

Boot, confessions, road, and more:

Confessions of a tall girl + Visual