My Way of Living + Visual

5 things I learned over the weekend

Temper your excitement, yes I

1-Asparagus shots-3353

learned a few things over the weekend, and not a minute too soon. The camera stuff… oh the bane of my photographic life. I wanted to take some photos of the asparagus fields, and if you follow along in my blog, you might recall that my back is a little sore right now, and bending and I don’t do well together. It’s a long way down to the ground, and I wanted shots of the teeny tiny not quite up yet asparagus, from a ground level view. My [ahem, expensive] new camera has a pull out view finder thingy, I can’t even remember what they officially call it, some photographer that I am. That thing that you can see your live view photos in… Sigh, you get the picture, right?

2-Asparagus shots-3359

So I pull that thingy out, slowly crouch down to the ground, and set the camera on it. But when I clicked the button, nothing really happened… apparently the sensor locked up, and then I had to take another shot… see I lost interest in it too. That’s what my brain does… loses it’s train of thought. Toooot toooot.

3-Asparagus shots-3355

Anyways my nephew who just happens to have the same camera, and I am sure takes way better photos then I do… is a whiz kid at figuring out those things. And he showed me, in two simple steps how to take the picture… without reading the instruction manual. I can’t even remember half the time where the manual is, or what it is I need to look up by the time I find it.

4-Asparagus shots-3367

I want to be young again, well maybe not… but still, the ability to figure out stuff just like that, and not get distracted by emails, Facebook, and of course Pinterest, life, housekeeping, anything… you get the picture.

5-Asparagus shots-3374

So there were 4 other things I figured out over the weekend, and do you think I can remember what they are? Not me… But if I did, I would forget to write a post about them anyways. Anyone else have this fly by night memory stuff going on?

Blog, Boot, and more:

5 things I learned over the weekend + Visual