My Way of Living + running

Snow blinded
6-House-0256

That hint of desperation that was in my voice is gone now February is over, and March is well into it’s self, but we are still snow blinded. A good gardening hint, never buy a house during the time you can’t see the yard for the snow. If you are adventurous, then go ahead and give it a shot. We only saw the yard during the few moments that it took to enter the house the first time, and it was getting dark outside, the next time we viewed the house it had snowed… a lot. And it’s never gone away, so the front, and back yards will be a surprise.

MuddyMuddM

There are areas of the garden that I have heard may contain perennials, but I have yet to see them through the snow. This morning we had another inch, most of it’s gone, now there are just the snow banks left behind. Knowing where the snow banks hang out is a good thing, because I am surely going to be moving some plants when spring rolls around, they are completely hidden all winter. Living under a huge mound of ice, salt, gravel, and heavy snow all winter can’t be good for those poor plants. Straight snow would be a good insulator but the snow banks will have road salt in them.

4-House-0222

Oh, and I am planning on building some sort of hedge between the neighbour with the huge poops dog and us. He also delivers the newspaper 3 days a week, and cuts through the garden as a short cut, not once but twice each time, and his dog runs all over my front yard!!! There are plants growing in there, stay out of my garden. So my theory is if there is a prickly hedge between us then I can remain on good terms with him, and his dog won’t be as inclined to come and visit to do his business. Right, I know, maybe a bit of electric fencing added in will act as a incentive?

5-House-0235

The other morning he wandered by my office window as I was reading blogs, it was 6:30 am, I had my housecoat, and the light on, the blinds wide open… shocked the heck out of me. There is a running joke here, that one day he is going to see more then he bargained for. I thought we had gotten over the neighbours walking past our windows when we moved from the condo. A well placed hedge, and a small fence might convince him to go the long way around. So here I sit looking out my office window snow blinded, but knowing that some day soon it’s going away. Meanwhile I keep thinking I need to start some seeds, but it’s hard to know when.

art of living, Blog, Light, road, and more:

Snow blinded + running