My Way of Living + Story

Who's my perfect reader, and some news

Start a blog blog today and you will be reading posts that explain how to figure out who you should be blogging for. How to tailor your blog for your ideal reader.

Finding-that-the-perfect-blog-reader-already-reads-blog

To conjure up a profile of who your reader is, right down to where she shops for her clothing, and what kind of coffee she drinks. Mocha, anyone? I find it fascinating that anyone can be so specific. Fascinating, and rather difficult. To me it's like planning your wedding before you have found a special person. Carrying around this huge binder full of ideas, samples, colors and possible venues hoping that you will meet that perfect someone to fit your specifications. I think that binder's kind of heavy, but it works for some people. I wasn't sure I was capable of being able of figuring out who my perfect reader would be. Beside if it was my wedding I'd change my mind so many times…you, pointing at a potential one, Oh no you…no maybe… Although it would certainly make it easier to come up with ideas, to write content that is pertinent to a reader's needs, and wants. Sometimes I feel like I am stumbling, lost, and other times I think I have a very clear idea of what I am supposed to be doing. Wonder if we all get that feeling.

when-the-perfect-blog-reader-is-the-one-who-reads-your-blog

So I thought I would try to figure out who my reader was, I gave it a really good try…even got as far as the first few sentences about who I imagined I was writing for. I kept drifting off on a tangent, following dreams, planning other stuff, thinking of what I had to make for dinner. Being interrupted by the Boo,"dinner, you're thinking of dinner?" See what I mean, there I go…off down another trail of the black hole of blogging. That's me…following trails, exploring, wandering, gathering. Learning, and being inspired by it. But I figured out who it is I blog for.

Whom I love to share my photography with? You.

Simple isn't it… You've been here all along…visiting my blog, leaving those wonderful comments, saying such nice things. So I guess when it all comes together, I've already found my perfect reader. And I just wanted to say thank you so much! I'm so glad that you are here.

ideal-reader-is-reading-blog-already

Add caption Now that I buttered you up, can I ask for a favor? I'd like you to help me out a bit. Give me a idea about what it is that keeps you coming back to my blog. Is it my charming wit? My sincere devotion to filling in the details, to staying on track? Stop laughing. Can you tell me what it is that you love. And, [oh gulp,I'm being brave here], what you you don't like as much. Please let me know what it is that you are looking for in my posts, what you enjoy. And if there is anything that I can add to make them more enjoyable for you. Would you leave me some suggestions in the comments.
I would really appreciate it. Now I've got something to share with you. Drum roll please.. After much thought, research, and dreaming, I've decided to move my blog to Word Press. Wipes sweat off of her blogging brow. It won't happen until sometime in the beginning of March. Most of you won't notice anything if it all goes to plan. I'll give you lots of heads up, it's going to be exciting. But if something were to happen I have a back up plan… I'll bring out the Boo…he can entertain you for awhile. Meow! I'll give you more details when it's all firmed up closer to the move date. If you enjoyed reading this post, you might like this one also.

Blog, Blogging, Cats, Dream, Photography, and more:

Who's my perfect reader, and some news + Story