My Way of Living + Style

Snowdrops and other random thoughts

Certainly he is no snowdrop? I’m laughing at the thought. But he is my Boo, and we adore him. And since he likes to hang out in the little patch of garden in front of our place, where the snowdrops live, they seem synonymous in my mind. The snowdrops are up, much more advanced then the photos that I am sharing today, and finally maybe, I will be able to capture the whites without washing them out. It’s a challenging shot, they are deep into the garden, and dark, and if you light them, they wash out. And I don’t want to step in the soil, so I cantilever myself and my camera out over the dirt. Quite the sight, I assure you. Almost as good as the times I have chased the Raccoon in my nightgown, but that’s a old story. Of course then you have your assistants, both the Boo, and whichever “next door kitty” who is around must check out what is going on. The swish of a tail caught in the corner of the shot, a curious paw whisking away dirt. Recognisance missions in fur coats. All for the shot. Speaking of cameras, does anyone else ever have these dreams that you are somewhere beautiful, and you forgot your camera? I have been having them regularly, and they wake me with a sweat. It must be all the rain we have had, the flu, and the inability to get out there and shoot. Such a feeling of regret, I wake up sad. Tell me that you have them also, please!!!!

Inspiration, Photography, and more:

Snowdrops and other random thoughts + Style