My Way of Living + Words

The winter tease
4-Winter walk-1716

Spring, I can feel it in my bones most likely though, that’s only the cold piercing them. It’s such a tease right now, the other day we were above zero, sunny lovely day, then the last night cold bitter freezing. I honestly thought I could smell spring coming through on the soft breeze when I stood on the walkway in the front garden… We walked the “big block” the country mile as we call it in the sunshine… passing through the houses to the edge of the farmland. Where my special golden firs are standing cold, nearly naked and shivering waiting to grow their summer needles again.

2-Winter walk-1732

The trees scraped and bowed as the birds flitted, teasing with song, we think they might start to nest soon. Here and there were piles of winter pruning branches cut and discarded, like so many pick up sticks. The fields soggy, dark, and unhappy about it, half snow covered, half dark chocolate pieces showing. Bales of no longer golden hay, lay rolled out like a tin of biscuits that had fallen to the floor.

1-Winter walk-1735

The sun hid more then it showed that day, another tease, as we walked the road. The cat, and the cows contended, waiting for the true spring. They either have inside knowledge, or they are more patient than I.

3-Winter walk-1722

The horses breath should have given it away, foggy as they nickered softly eating their winter rations…

5-Winter walk-1724

Tease us now Mother Nature… but we know one day it will be spring. My gardeners heart is waiting impatiently.

HAPPY, Life, road, and more:

The winter tease + Words