My Way of Living + Light

Our voices in blogging
1-© Muddy Boot Dreams Photography 2011 (20 of 24)

I had a conversation in person with someone yesterday about voices in blogging that really made me think. We talked about blogging, both reading and writing, and how the personality, or voice comes through in the writing. She told me about meeting a blogger in person after reading her blog for quite some time, and how her voice in person was exactly like the one she had imagined while reading the blog.

2-© Muddy Boot Dreams Photography 2011 (17 of 24)

For bloggers it takes a little bit of courage to put ourselves out there, to share our lives with strangers. Some “get us” they hear our true voice, others don’t. It happens. That’s life. But it hurts when we are misunderstood, or misheard.

3-© Muddy Boot Dreams Photography 2011 (21 of 24)

I write from my heart, as I see things. Nothing extraordinary, and certainly never sarcastic, or mean. That’s not who I am, or who I want to be. I am by no means ungrateful for the wonderful opportunity to actually live out our dream and own our own house. I know that I have something that many will aspire to, but not attain. And by no means am I taking this for granted.

4-Muddy Boot Dreams © 2011-0115

This is me, this is my voice. Life as I see it, through my lens. And I see periwinkle walls, and oxblood curtains, that’s my life right now. It’s only paint, and it’s only colors… it’s life. And this is my voice.

Blog, and more:

Our voices in blogging + Light