My Way of Living + Style

Snow drops and Silhouettes
2010 01 16 002

As promised, here are the snow drops that are blooming in the park nearby my house. The secret spot that I always start checking in January to find them blooming. I am wondering if they could be the first to bloom in Canada. Let me know if yours are blooming already, and if you are still seeing snow, I am sorry. No really, truly, I am. Honestly. Just wait until we move up to the Okanagan, and you will be the ones laughing at me then. One day… Live vicariously through these brave little bulbs that were enjoying our Florida like weather all last week. This week is much cooler, and they are shivering.

2010 01 16 010

Many of our bulbs are showing green, at least 6 inches of it. So it was good to see the sun today, the bare branches of the trees silhouetted against the blue sky. I got up early and caught the sunrise, there was a marine fog out, my favorite for photography. Everything looks mysterious and ethereal in this fog. And the beach was packed, well, busy enough that I regretted not brushing my hair before rushing out the door. I am sure that the seagulls were all talking about it.

2010 01 16 013

Garden, Inspiration, and more:

Snow drops and Silhouettes + Style