My Way of Living + Words

Pins and needles, felt and wool

Apparently needle felting

3-Needle felting-0758

has been around for a long time and is steadily increasing in popularity each day… Where on earth have I been? Not doing enough of this fun and easy craft, that’s for sure. I guess I was focused on other things, like photography and didn’t pay enough attention until I saw a pin on Pinterest one day that made my heart skip a beat, and I had to find out more about it. Don’t you love finding new passions, the excitement, the love, the search for supplies? Only problem is, it’s winter, cold and snowy outside, and the nearest supplies are over a hour’s drive away… which I don’t like.

6-Needle felting-0780

But I did manage to snag some of those sharp little barbed needles that are so important to needle felting, and some unspun wool that is called roving, near by… I only had a 5 color choices, so I picked pink, and white. Glad I did, it’s such a soft color combo, and a good contrast to the icy blue snow outside.

1-Needle felting-0763

For now instead of using a piece of upholstery foam, I am using a dishwashing sponge, they are cheap, and plentiful in my house. If you want to know all about Needle felting, and are wondering what on earth I am talking about, here’s a quick tutorial from blogger Mrs. Polly Rogers who is a very interesting blogger, check her out for yourself.

5-Needle felting-0776

Click on my Pins, and needles Pinterest board link to see what I have been pinning for inspiration. Needle felting is used to make so many interesting things, it’s very versatile. I’ve just started to create some fun items and does it ever feel good to have a needle back in my hands.

7-Needle felting-0790

I made the heart garland, which is perfect to hang in our window for Valentines day, and Bootsie loves it. And because he likes to jump on my night table and knock things off, I made a eye glass case. A tiny change purse as a gift for a friend who sent me lots of her wool yarn scraps that I am loving.especially the turquoise colors.

2-Needle felting-0760

It’s such a good feeling to be creative again… it’s a long winter, and we all need inspiration… what kind of crafts do you do? And are you a needle felter, got any tips for a beginner?

Blog, Inspiration, Life, and more:

Pins and needles, felt and wool + Words