My Way of Living + Words

Take a flying leap
4-MBD Nov 2012 Birds Nest-0470

Since I didn’t have my camera in hand as I fell down the stairs yesterday, there won’t be any subjective photos to share with you, unless you count these falling leaves. [I guess #4 is going to haunt me forever.] You don’t want to see the bruise that I can feel starting to bloom on my hip as I took a flying leap. Last few steps, Bootsie meowing for dinner, dark hallway, and flop down I went. Falling on my hip, and opposite arm… nothing broken, I stayed down for a few minutes this time to make sure. I think it really shook me up, made me realize that not paying attention for a second can mean whoops… down she goes.

1-MBD Nov 2012 Birds Nest-0463

Is this going to be my life when I get really old, the elderly lady in bed #4 with the broken hip? “Well I guess at 100 I would learn to be a little more careful, did you bring any treaties to kill the pain dearie,” I would ask my niece?

2-MBD Nov 2012 Birds Nest-0466

And here I was thinking that we should remove that ugly blue carpet off of the stairs, and replace them all with a hardwood… ouch that would have hurt.

3-MBD Nov 2012 Birds Nest-0468

I’ve got a history of being rather ungainly at times, graduation day ceremonies two times falling down the stairs in front of everyone, and they had the nerve to laugh, this wasn’t a comedy routine. Our wedding, hugged my Dad, and knocked the entire 8 candle, candelabras over with my bouquet by accident, candle wax all over his legs, and after they picked it up, I did it all over again. But I made it down the aisle without falling…

5-MBD Nov 2012 Birds Nest-0469

I’ve fallen down stairs, fallen up stairs, [that one is harder], tripped over curbs, flat cement, knocked over displays, and banged my head more then once… Life is a school of hard knocks, oh did you fall down again? What about you, graceful or ungainly? Are you one to take a falling leap? Whooooops Today on November 11th at 11:00 am, Canada, and all Commonwealth countries take a moment to remember with gratitude those who served, and continue to serve our Country in times of war, conflict and peace. Remembrance Day, Canada

Life, race, and more:

Take a flying leap + Words