My Way of Living + travel

Land of mountains, spectacular sunsets, and long drives
Sunsets-0226

It’s a different light up here, less grey, brighter, and there is always a feeling of wide open spaces. This is the land of mountains, spectacular sunsets, and long drives.

Sunsets-0227

For someone that’s lived in a condo with buildings all around her for the last 17 years, this is quite the change. Down on the coast I couldn’t look out my windows and see the sun setting in the sky, it was blocked half way down by a building across the street, with two more to be built beside it. Even when I drove beyond the city, I couldn’t see for miles like I can do here.

Sunsets-0244

But it takes a little getting used to, all these wide open spaces, and I hope that I never lose that sense of awe at how much space, and land is out there. Distances are greater, and it’s nothing to have to drive a hour to get to a big enough city that has a Michaels, or a Home Sense. Those were stores that I could drop by and visit whenever I liked, now it requires a planned day of travel. One that I have only made once since we have been here. Beside a little mental lament about the “big” city not having a Chapters Indigo, I think that I have adapted well.

Sunsets-0250

With sunsets like these, who needs a Chapters anyways?

Blog, HOPE, Light, and more:

Land of mountains, spectacular sunsets, and long drives + travel