My Way of Living + Light

They call it fog, I call it photo op’s
2011 12 05_0157

There is a “different” kind of weather happening around here.  It’s colder of course,  there is more fog, and some sun peaking out.  Up here at the farm, they live above the clouds, and the view is spectacular, and sunny. It’s almost like being in airplane looking down on the clouds.  We can see all the way down to the town below, and there is a soft padding around the evergreens.  Like a lazy marshmallow, it lays there all day, and the townspeople are shrouded in a hoar frost unlike anything that we have encountered on the coast. In White Rock it takes a lot of coordinating weather factors to have a hoar frost, and you need to be quick to get any shots at all. It looks like it might be somewhat of a regular occurrence around here.  Aren’t I lucky!  Now that’s a photo op.

2011 12 05_0130

All this spectacular scenery, and frosty, white hairy branches, and I have not had a moment to grab my real camera and shoot.  So I have been relying on my new phone to take the “must get it” shots.  Surprisingly clear, and so handy, as it’s usually in my pocket, next to my freezing cold hands.  Did you know that the touch phones work by the heat of your finger tips?  Yes, frozen hands can’t get the icons to open. Wonder what’s going to happen when it’s even colder.  I see some finger warming hot pads in our future.

2011 12 05_0172

Speaking of even colder, my Dad’s favourite saying to us newbies is “you ain’t seen nothing yet. Just you wait until January”… thanks Dad.  You may be right, but couldn’t you butter it up a bit.  Ease us in slowly, and all that? Sure the beginning of December isn’t the best time to move to a completely different climate, but you know, circumstances and all that… this is just how it worked out.  Makes me kind of glad that we didn’t have to move in January.

2011 12 05_0184

I do miss the extended fall that we get by the ocean, but I certainly will not miss the bone chilling dampness that cuts through all of your layers, with it’s icy fingers poking into that little spot where your skin is unprotected. Brr… I’m freezing just thinking about it. Wonder if the big box sells heating pads by the case?

Blog, and more:

They call it fog, I call it photo op’s + Light