My Way of Living + Words

Leave the porch light on
1-Swans -0185

The food bank is a organization that more and more families and individuals are finding themselves using, even if they don’t want to have to resort to it. Our local Realtors have put together a program that makes me proud to live here. Early in the week they distributed empty bags to the homes in our town/township, and last night they picked them up after we filled them with non perishable items for the food bank.

4-Swans -0194

The program is simple, fill your bag with donated food, place it outside your front door, and leave your porch light on. The Realtors drive by with volunteers and pick up all the donations.

2-Swans -0192

We ended up donating twice because someone [me] thought that it was last week, and that we had missed the pickup date. If you have a chance please donate what you can to your local food bank, I am sure that they could use the donation.

3-Swans -0197

The other day I got a phone call from my Sister, drop everything and go to this road in the middle of nowhere… she gave me what sounded like complex directions, and told me to take my camera.

6-Swans -0216

I finally figured out the destination was a side road on the way to her farm, and there in front of me was a field full of swans.

7-Swans -0262

It was kind of hard to get close to them because they were a little leery of me on foot, but had no worries about the vehicles that passed by. And you can see even with a telephoto lens it’s hard to catch the detail, but I did my best. That’s my swan quota for the year, no swan dive there.

food, Life, road, and more:

Leave the porch light on + Words