My Way of Living + Seasons

A particular peace

The last blog post was written at the kitchen table, late at night. This one is written in the early morning light of a quiet house, with the sun rising over the mountains. It is reflecting a particular peace, that’s the only way I can explain it. I wish I could share the view with you, and I will. It’s just that for the last few hectic days, I have been relying on my camera phone. And that’s in the bedroom, where my husband is sleeping.
Trying to keep a restless cat quiet in the early mornings isn’t easy, he loves to jump down onto the hardwood floors like a lead balloon. Thunk, bang, meow. It’s four am and he’s up, only problem is no one else is. We plan on keeping him in the bedroom with us at night until he is acclimatized The house is much larger then the little condo we shared with him, and he can be found meowing away on another floor. It takes a little while, and he is doing fine.
Boo feels best when everyone is up, and in the kitchen. He reminds me of a sheep dog, herding his sheep, and that would be us. Until each of us is up, he is restless, and demanding. Hard to ignore. '
So for now, with the cat quietly exploring the living room, I sit, watching the brightening light, through the dark trees, with misty clouds intertwined among them like a garland of fluff. There are mountains in the distance, and a particular peace in my heart.
The house is stirring… it’s morning in my new life.

art of living, Blog, Cats, Light, Rural, and more:

A particular peace + Seasons