My Way of Living + thankful

A home coming of sorts

E ver been to a place, and it feels familiar, as if you belong like it’s home. That’s what the Okanagan feels like to us. And each time we left at the end of our vacation, I honestly felt my heart break. It was like leaving home… I cried every time I left. Don’t tell my sister.
When we still lived down on the coast, [which is just a day ago, as I write this], it felt like home, but more so when I was near the water. The Okanagan called to us, not just because family lives there. The climate is completely different, trust me. It’s arid, and hot in the summer, cold and dry in the winter. There is no similarity to the wet, rainy weather that I grew up in. The plants are different, and there is no lush undergrowth. But this land of snow, and far reaching skies has grabbed our very hearts and held on. And now we are here. The trip through the mountains can be fraught with winter snow storms that close the Coquahalla Hi way for days… we had dry and bare pavement all the way.
Our November weather on the coast is never dry this time of year. It was a beautiful sunny, crisp day in White Rock when they loaded the truck. Yesterday as they unloaded almost everything we own in the storage locker, although it was cold, it was sunny. Blessed, that’s what we are. And we are thankful for this wonderful opportunity that has been given to us.
Today, the excitement lay far out in the fields of asparagus at my Sister’s farm. A cow, wandering loose, was ploughing it’s own path through the stubble. Something not seen to often in White Rock, if ever. It’s a new world. It’s as if it’s all fall ing into place, and it feels like a home coming of sorts…

Blog, family, Home, Light, Rural, and more:

A home coming of sorts + thankful