My Way of Living + Style

There’s JOY in this color
2010 11 24_4476-1

Color has always been extremely important to me, it affects the way I feel about many things, and especially since the time I came back from camp to find my entire bedroom decor redone red. I like red, in small doses, but red curtains, and a red bedspread, and red patterned wallpaper? I know my Mom meant well, and it was the 70’s… still I did appreciate having something different. And let’s say that it went really well with the canary yellow kitchen we had then. Now it’s a new world, and a new century. Where we have lovely choices like this muted turquoise for Christmas, yes it’s non traditional, but it’s so pretty. Having limited space, and lacking a coffee table, I made use of this rather odd cutout in the wall between our kitchen, and our living room. I love the way the chocolate bounces off of the robins egg blue. Ohhhh I love this color. It makes my heart sing.

2010 11 20_4354-1

But to be honest, I don’t know if I would be brave enough to have a house painted this color. The owner who is a wonderful interesting person, said that in Montreal many houses are painted this bright and cheerful tone.

2010 11 24_4478

I just know that this color brings me JOY when it’s in small doses. And I adore those black wooden letters. So what’s your favorite Christmas color combo?

art of living, Home, Inspiration, and more:

There’s JOY in this color + Style