My Way of Living + Words

The perfect day for a hot chocolate [substitute]
1-MBD 2012 Hot Coco-0683

It’s cool, and damp, with a light constant rain falling among the golden leaves. The colors reminding me that a hot drink would be very welcome right about now. My brain craves hot chocolate, the perfect comfort drink for a foodie on a rainy day. But I am banned from having anything dairy, and practically anything that tastes good seems to cause a huge reaction in my allergies lately. It’s amazing how good cheese tastes in your dreams when it can’t be in your diet. And I’m not even a cheese person.

2-MBD 2012 Hot Coco-0684

I dream of pizza, mac and cheese, tacos, cheesecake, butter, and cream, oh what a nightmare for this food loving woman I am!

3-MBD 2012 Hot Coco-0685

I want you to read this as I am writing it, with a wry smile, and a fond appreciation for that which we can’t have. I am not asking you to feel sorry for me… just thinking fond memories of food. It’s hardly life changing, lot’s of people have food intolerances, and the repercussions of eating something that causes my allergies to worsen is actually harder then not eating the food. I just need to keep telling myself that, it’s not good for me, stop craving it, but cutting it out isn’t fun.

5-MBD 2012 Hot Coco-0704

I have what looks like a very wild sunburn on my face, it’s swollen, red, very visible,[once again this seems to happen every summer, I’ve written about it before] they say it’s allergies, the steroids are even having a hard time getting it to subside this time. It’s probably worth trying the no dairy, and maybe even the gluten free diet, no chicken, eggs, spices, sauces, tomatoes, avocados, no fun, I love food, but this is so extreme what am I to eat? And to top it all off, I think I am allergic to rice.

6-MBD 2012 Hot Coco-0707

Well, there is always broccoli… and lettuce. So here I sit, with my cup of Chocolate flavoured almond milk hot chocolate, [which I probably shouldn’t even have] grimacing at every sip, wishing it was covered in something real like whipping cream, add a touch of butter, some garlic bread, along with a scrambled egg, and cheesecake… A woman can dream, can’t she? Do you have food intolerances, and how do you deal with it if you love that particular food?

food, Life, summer fun, and more:

The perfect day for a hot chocolate [substitute] + Words