My Way of Living + Words

Changes in the air
1-MBD Red leaves-0137

Hard to believe that we went from summer breezes last night to arctic air this morning. We are looking our first frost in the eye, and that is a glint of white sparkly stuff that we don’t want to see. What’s your weather like? Frost yet? Yesterday I walked through my garden, mentally saying goodbye, farewell, and thank you for your colorful flowers to each of my annuals, not expecting to see them again the way they look today. It’s not easy to move to the next stage, knowing that they will end up in the compost bin any day. I know it’s inevitable, but it’s sad.

1-MBD Red leaves-0129

We turned the furnace on today preparing it for winter, it’s been dormant all summer, we wanted to make sure that any dust in the ducts was blown out while we could still open windows. Bootsie is in love with a forced air furnace, he plops himself over the register on the floor, and purrs happily. And when the air stops he looks rather perturbed. Little does he know winter is coming.

2-MBD Red leaves-0134

I find it’s odd to have to keep the kitchen window closed for warmth when I am cooking, I am so used to that window being open all summer.

3-MBD Red leaves-0136

The skies I now see have clouds, no more blue for a few days. But still no rain in sight, unless you count the meagre amount we got finally last night. We have had less then a 1/2 centimeter of rain since June, record breaking summer weather… now we could use some rain please.

4-MBD Red leaves-0138

So I baked, chocolate zucchini muffins, a house that smells of baking is a happy house, a smiling house. And we all need more smiles in our life.

6-MBD Red leaves-0145

How about you? Loving my warm chocolate scented house…

cooking, HAPPY, Life, and more:

Changes in the air + Words