My Way of Living + Style

Aches and Archives.

There are so many of them, their numbers creeping up, multiplying like aphids on a sick plant. I get rid of a few, and then the next time, there are a few hundred more. I know how many, because when I download them it tells me the total. When I open the organizer the numbers stare at me, menacingly, threatening to slow down my computer, maybe even crash it. That might be a catastrophe since I like to take photos, sometimes hundreds of photos. And I have the aching arm, and the overflowing archives to show for it.
When the computer slowed down, and the total number of photos reached over 18,000, I decided to do something about it. Someone had to.

So I made a pact with Photo shop, each day I would delete 25 no longer needed, blurry, or just plain bad images. Something that I should have been doing when I downloaded them, but didn't get around to. But it is not a simple case of survival of the sharpest. I get caught up in sentiments sometimes, how can I delete that pumpkin shot? There is a glimpse of Bootsie's tail. The blurry shot of my Uncle, he had such a funny look on his face, and I have so few of him. What about that tree in the park? I love that tree. Sidetracked, and sentimental, I think that I am failing"How to delete 101." But aside from the aching arm, having a great time in my archives.

Inspiration, Photography, and more:

Aches and Archives. + Style