My Way of Living + summer fun

Autumn this is my promise to you

Autumn, it’s me.
I know that we got off to a rocky start. And you’re heavy on my heart.
But you have to admit that you came in with a bang.
You know that I’m not a fan of thunder, and lightning.

Autumn this is my promise

Even the Fir trees shook in their deep rooted feet.
The mountains trembled.
The birds frightened from their branches as the night sky split open.
What kind of entrance was that.
You’re a newborn season, among the aged.
Summer had just left the night before.
Soft skies, hazy clouds, peach, and raspberry hills.
Then you made me shiver.
You’re so brash, so out there!
Flowers droop, leaves drenched, tall grasses broken.
The oily air, heavy, saturated.
And that was your entrance?
Did you want to shake me up, take charge?
I didn’t understand your intentions.
So yes, I might have seemed a little stand-offish.
I had good reason.
It takes me a while to get used to a new season.
I’m cautious, I like to stand back and watch for a while…
But your glittering gems laying swaths of destruction in the morning, left everything looking haggard by the afternoon.

Peach Zinnia

To go from.
Warm days, sunshine, cool breezes.
To.
Leaves softly zig zagging down from brown branches, fluttering onto green grass creating a mosaic of colors.
Orange glowing russet in the fading light.
Pumpkins ripening in fields, vines wilted, snow covered leaves of mildew coating.
Apples crisp on branches, picked with fingers of glee.
Crunched on the way home.
Harvest festivals, corduroy pants, woollen gloves, down filled vests.
Hay bales stacked in fields.
Seeds selected, sorted, saved as promises for spring next year.

Zinnia and beans

So Autumn, this is my promise to you.
I promise to give you a try.
To enjoy, embrace, venture out, and watch as you work your magical touch.
Turning leaves one day green, to gold, and then to copper.
Sending the geese on their way.
Lonesome honking from the grey skies.
Filling empty spaces with water, flooding the rivers with ducks.

Bright orange zinnia

Ripening berries, swaying fields, baring branches with gusts from your wind.
Frosting the fences, icing the roads.
Sparkling pebbles, and chilling puddles.
This is my promise… Autumn. Jane @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Fall Footies

Fall Footies
So I have this fun idea… and I hope that you will join in during the next few weeks.
Let’s get creative, and celebrate the beginning of Autumn, by posting footies… [selfies of our feet] standing, jumping, whatever, as long as we are enjoying AUTUMN and it’s splendour.
Let’s try to get this leaf rolling, if you post on Instagram, Twitter, or G+ make sure to use the hashtag #FallFooties when you post, so we can all find them.

Expose a naked niche blogger

celebrate, Dream, HOPE, Photography, race, road, RUN, Seasons, Story, and more:

Autumn this is my promise to you + summer fun