My Way of Living + Style

From stalker kitty to BFF
2010 09 13_2923

It’s been a long, hot, hard, summer. And I can’t say with total conviction that I am glad it’s over, but I am pretty sure I am. Yes I will miss the warm days, and beautiful brightness. But I will not miss the 2 am wakeup calls from Bootsie and the constant keening, and screaming of the seagulls. For some reason, the Boo decided that we all needed to wake up at 2am. Every day of the spring and summer. If we needed more sleep that was too bad, he demanded to be let out, in order to roam the “whatever” and he was determined to have his way. Now I can see some of you shaking your heads, well you probably don’t have a determined black and white cat, or one at all. This is what a cat that has decided to adopt new people, and more or less just moved in does. He grooms the new people to his standard, and they, pleased as punch that the now grown up kitten that has visited them for 3 years has made them family, give in. We love him dearly. We also loved sleep, but that was another story.

2010 09 13_2925

Things changed after we went away for 4 days in September, his routine disrupted, we no longer reacted to his wakeup calls, and he now sleeps until 5 am. Of course the fact that the seagulls are sleeping in till 5 might have something to do with it. Boo had some difficulties when the new neighbors moved in, and let their two cats roam. Overnight he turned into the worst kind of stalker kitty. Pouncing on the unsuspecting younger female, howling and yowling at the slightly older male. Life was lived with even less sleep during this transition. They all seemed to collide when the sun went down. No relaxing for us. Howls, and hisses. Then one very fierce fight, and sudden silence. The next thing we knew, they became best friends forever. Go figure.

2010 09 13_2913

We expected tension, but they now get along, the two neighbor cats are exploring our deck, and even peeking in through our patio doors at us. The Boo shares the space with them, and they all play together, I am still kind of awed that they can go from stalkers, to best friends forever. But I guess I don’t know kitties as well as I thought I did. Seagulls, and their constant screeching? Well.

Cats, family, Inspiration, and more:

From stalker kitty to BFF + Style