My Way of Living + Things

Who's been messing in MY garden

I was watering the other day, and happily blissed out. Until near the end of the patio, there was this very unpleasant smell. It smells distinctly like CAT pee! Yuck! I know that Bootsie does not mess on our deck. But we have had quite a few nocturnal visitors lately, something about one-up-cat-manship. Or he who pees the smelliest, wins. So that's what I assumed it must be. I have a very strong sense of smell, and this was wafting over every nice fragrance that my garden could give out. So I diligently washed down all the floor, all the plants, and all the brick work. It took a long time, but there, now I could rest, I had gotten rid of the rank odour once and for all. Just as I finished and was winding up the hose, the stinkin odor came on strong again. This is impossible, I washed and misted every pot, every plant! Then I looked up and saw these… Broadway Lights, Daisy. This innocent looking pale yellow, summer long blooming, gorgeously behaved lovely was the culprit. And it stinks!

Garden, Performance, road, Seasons, and more:

Who's been messing in MY garden + Things