My Way of Living + Style

Dancing in the dark.

I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love… And I am sure the neighbors and Bootsie were wondering what was going on last night as I danced among the towering sunflowers on my deck, calling out to Gar. Gar! Come and see, come and look. Then when he left the golden sanctuary of his favorite chair, and ventured out onto the deck, he would check my LCD screen of my camera. Saying, wow, it is really interesting how that works isn't it? It was dark enough to have difficulty seeing, and normally that is when my camera shuts down. My main telephoto lens is just not a good shot in the dark. But this new lens, my new baby, my 50mm 1:1.4 is amazing. A night owl, cats eyes, it leaves me dancing in the dark. Tip toeing from flower to flower, shooting at the moon, and reaching it.

It lets in substantially more light, all these shots were taken after the sun had set. But most of them look almost like daylight. I'm in love, and dancing in the dark, with my Gar, among the 7 foot sunflowers. Life is good.

Inspiration, Photography, and more:

Dancing in the dark. + Style